Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Monday, May 28, 2007

OI Seminar & KL Tour

Third day!


We had our Operation Impact (OI) training from 8 AM - 1 PM today.

Rev. Deborah was our speaker. She was such a joyful and energetic spokeswoman! She reminded me of my mom 'cause she talked very much alike my mom. I can see her preach - very much similar to mom, indeed! She's the Malaysian-Chinese version of Rev. Dr. Veronica Manugue!. Ha-ha.
Anyway, the OI seminar was held at HSG's conference hall. Yes. They have a separate hall from their church building/ sanctuary. Cool eh? I think that's also the place where they hold their youth services (correct me if I'm wrong).
Today I noticed three young people - Sun, Stephen, and Shoben (three S's!). I was very blessed 'cause they were very supportive to the PB (Project Barnabas conference). They were also very compassionate of their youth pastor, Pastor Reuben.
Sun played the guitar while Ptr.Reuben lead the praise & worship; Stephen was the one who helped Ptr. Reuben present the delegates the OI technique; Shoben was the one who managed the slide presentations.
Such dedicated young people!


The session ended at 1pm.
HSG provided us side trips where we could choose to go to - shopping at a nearby mall, KLCC (Petronas Towers) trip, Sunway/ Skyway tour.
I, together with my cousins, chose to go to Sunway 'cause we've been to KLCC already the other day with our host, Sis. Seetha. Well, due to some fusses, we were all included to those that'l be going to KLCC.

We were then accompanied by our acting tourist guides, Stephen and Wai Ye (HSG Youth/ Soaring Eagles).
We rode a train going to KLCC. We don't usually ride a train here in the Phils. so we enjoyed the trip much :)
(L-R) ate Jing, Vanj, Jez/me, ate Grace, kuya Owen
With us were other 5 Filipino delegates and another one from Nepal.

We didn't have much time for shopping inside KLCC 'cause we spent a lot of our time taking tons of photographs with the KL Twin/ Petronas Towers. I tell you, we had a lottttt! But as usual, I can only share you some :) (photos are of low resolution 'cause I watermarked them and minimized their qualities)
^this is actually my fave shot ;)
I tell you.. It's not that easy to take photos with the P.Towers as the background! Vanj was like lying down already while taking photos. Haha! You guys would've seen us (and helped us!).


..with Tita Meds "Tanging Ina" & my sister, Vanj


Kuala Lumpur Tower





Upon seeing our pic @ Bulgari store, mom said, "Jez, Vanj, you girls look like Bulgari sales ladies!" haha. Oh yeah, mom. Right :p



here's my cousin Owen with Wai Ye & Stephen




Stephen, Vanj, Jez, Wai Ye
left pic: me striking a pose in front of KLCC before leaving
right pic: Wai Ye & Stephen with my cam; trying hard to take a pic with the PTowers. (Don't you think I should've helped them, instead?)

I enjoyed this day very much!
The session on Operation Impact this morning was great! I loved how Rev. Deborah delivered the OI method. I was struck by lots of the things she mentioned. We really should have the faith and guts to share the word of God to other people. We shouldn't be uncertain if the Lord would actually touch one's life. Well, the seminar on OI today was more on the technicalities of witnessing using the OI method. But of course, there were also lots of revelations from the Lord that were brought to us by Rev.Ong-Cheah.

I had so much pleasure with the trip this afternoon.
Kuya Owen was like our clown in the group! haha.
I also enjoyed our fellow delegates' company. Oh, I cannot miss mentioning how Wai Ye & Stephen assisted us very well. Hmm. They can have careers as tourist guides! Ha-ha. Kidding.

Anyway, to wrap up everything,
I would say that Christian life is soooo FUN.
Christian life is never too boring or stiff.
Christian life is a joyful and thrilling life!
Living a Christian life is having one's BEST life NOW!

2 comments:

sun said...

hey girl, rather fun reading from a delegates view on how pb was..keep the blogs comming, coz i'm about to appear..hehe :P
wondering could you send me the pics?
oh and the song from the video clip, is a song from a local band called 'altered frequency'
title named 'exalt'
interested?drop me a line i'll send it to you :)

Anonymous said...

I love your picture in front of the Petrona Towers! Vanj is a great photographer. I like your picture with the KL Tower too.

You must have enjoyed shopping there. They got huge malls like in the Philippines. Malls here aren't so big. Haha.