Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Friday, May 4, 2007

My Best-estS

I can say I've got the best parents not only in the world but in the whole creation!
You may say this is false since you've got the best ones, but well, you can write that on your blog. Ha-ha *Kiddin''
Let me be egocentric this time; it's my blog, anyway :)

I do not need to make paragraphs after paragraphs just to state why they're the best ones or how they've been superlative parents! There are just things that cannot be put into writing; some can only be felt.

Anyway, this week, we had consecutive voyages (as if naman ang layo ng pinuntahan).
Just this Thursday (April 26), we, together with Jesus Revival Church's (JRC) people/members, went to Araullo University to attend "Jesus Christ: Hope of the Nations" crusade. The report on the crusade is yet another story (maybe next post).

On our way home, we had a stop-over at Star Mart to munch on some nyumeees. They have clean powder rooms kaya we like the place.Haha. :) This time was different, only mom, dad, Vanj, and I were there. It was a pleasurable bonding time.


Here are some of our pics:

I am the great imitator :)) Haaayyy. No amount can be equal to the joy we had that evening. Although we are already an intimate family, the feeling of "family dating" is still something different from our usual family-bonding sessions.

I suddenly did not want to grow up yet. I still am enjoying my teenage years with my dad, mom, and the rest of our family. Everyday seems to be a pitfall of falling in-love with my parents-- deeper and deeper and deeper.

The next day, April 27, we (the four of us again) went to the municipality of Lupao, NE. Jesus is Alive (JIA) church invited us to join them as they celebrate their 13th anniversary. Also, mom & dad were to be given plaques of appreciation for their contribution to JIA's growth.
Wow. I hope I would be given one, too (maybe when I shall have PhD at the end of my name already-like them) . Hay. This adds another reason why I look up to them.



I realized that this stage of life (teenage years) is the best time to express our love for our parents since we are more knowledgeable of LOVE, LOVING, and being LOVED :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true! During our teenage years and early twenties, we have this growing need to love and be loved.

What PhD are you planning to take up?

Jez said...

Hi Myks.
I'm planning to take up a doctorate degree (either education or psychology).

Btw, my mom has a doctorate degree in Christian Education; dad in Theology :)