Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Vanj's 16th and on being a pastor's kid

My younger sib, Vanj, celebrated her 16th birthday last Monday.
She had a three-part celebration. First was a lunch at Isdaan last Sunday, after the church service. Second was a dinner party, while third was a treat she had for her classmates.

Differing to the decision I had on my 17th, she asked mom to have a party. Some of our church pastors & members came, in addition to the young people whom I have expected to outgrow the adults in number.hehe
I bought party hats for the party to make us look like kiddos. We also had parlor games which made us look like post-matured kiddos. Haha!

...along with the barbeque smoke.hehePhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketmy buddy/ best friend and I
my sister, Vanj, and her best friendsPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Anyway, the best part of the night, I could say, is divided into two: first, when friends and church elders gave their inspiring and affirming messages to both Vanj and I (the party seemed to be like my after-birthday party as well). We were also prayed for by all of them. Overwhelming.
Being a PK (Pastor’s Kid) is indeed a blessing - a privilege that’s highly extravagant. I really am blessed to have lots of witnesses around.
I am encouraged of Hebrews 12 which says, “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crow of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish….”

I must really pursue the race.

As what I’ve said when they’ve asked me to give a short speech, being a PK may perhaps be a pressure for others because based on what Ate Anne said, “..natutuwa ako and na-bbless kasi alam ko and na-oobserve ko na hindi niyo lang pinoproktektahan ang sarili niyo. Iniisip niyo rin for every action sila Pastor (pertaining to my dad & mom)……”.
It may be a pressure since, for some, being a PK involves having all eyes on you, people watching your deeds, parents telling their children “tignan mo si Jez” or “dapat ganon ka din kay Jez”, people expecting you to be good all the time, people..people..blah..blah. There are just so many demands and high expectations, one might think. However, with all honestly, since I had a realthe relationship, I’ve acted more naturally. From the time when I have had the connection, I haven’t been dictated by my situation as a PK simply because I just enjoy being one. Although essentially, there also are stuffs which I should consider my being a pastor’s kid, I am not pre-determined of what I am believed to do because the things that I am supposed to do became what I wanted and loved to do.

It isn’t really a difficult account to be a PK. No pressure, but pleasure iff one has the linear rapport with the Lord :) relationship with Jesus, pressures have been only on school researches. hehe. I mean since I had


With all pride and honour I say, anak ako ng pastor!

3 comments:

Nanan said...

Hoowaw! :-D Happy belated birthday to you and Vanj! Sarap maging anak ng pastor (feeling naman ako). Haha.

Jez said...

Haha! Thank you, nanzy :D
Di bale, ikaw naman ang mag-papastor kaya your offsprings would experience the same goodness ;)

Anonymous said...

Awwww. :) Belated happy birthday to your sister! That's such a touching post. :)