Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Nanan

Our Statistics 200 instructor dismissed us an hour before the scheduled time today, for the reason that the Statistical Society organized a quiz bee. We’ve been told that we’ll get extra points if we’ll join the challenge, but I still I had no option of joining; nay.. such a shame to my family name ;p I’m not that good on dealing with numbers (remember my previous post?), but as kuya Allan, our block president, persisted on asking me to join the challenge, the bottom-line was I saying YES.
On our way to the CAS Little Theater where the quiz bee will be held, I greeted Shekinah, a BS Bio student and a pastor’s kid like me. She then pulled me toward kuya Chad, a life coach from VCF- Cabanatuan’s Every Nation Campus Ministries (ENCM).

Chad: I think I met her already last sem.
Shekinah: Siya yung anak ng pastor sa JRC.
Chad: Diba friends kayo ni
Jez: Nanan.
Chad. Ni Nanan.
Jez: si Nanan and si Tin-tin.
Chad: sa multiply kayo nag-meet ni Nanan dba?
Jez: Yup, pati sa Candymag (.com)
Chad: nag-meet na ba kayo ni Nanan?
Jez: uhm, no, not yet.

I then looked at the lady seated behind kuya Chad. On my thoughts, I didn’t know if I would greet her or what. I haven’t met Nanan in person; I didn’t know how she exactly looked like, but seeing photos of her on the internet, I concluded that she, indeed, was the one wearing a black shirt behind kuya Chad.

Jez: (uncertain) Hi Nanan!
Nanan: Hey Jez :)
Jez: (okay, I forgot what I’ve said---I was out of my shoes)

We then left and went straight to the CAS LT for the registration.
I was laughing hard when we, my block mates and I, settled at the lobby near the Psych Department. I didn’t know how I looked like or how I reacted when she was introduced to me. It was just then that it submerged to me that I actually have just met a good friend I’ve known for more than a year through an online thread :p That was so slow of me. anokabanamanjez. Well, I hope our next acquaintance would be more meaningful. Hehe.

Anyway, about the quiz bee, Zlyne and I (we were partners) won the 6th place. Uhm, we didn’t actually won; they got only 5 finalists ;p
Btw, Mr. M was also there.
At least we did okay on the easy and average round—take not, without any preparations ;p yabang. (Allow me to be one; I need self-affirmation to cover up the indignity. ha-ha)

Mabuhay si Nan*y ΓΌ

3 comments:

infictionlimbo said...

Hi Jez! I think OK lang sa Xanga kahit wala kang account. Pero, wow, welcome to Xanga na rin. :D

Awww that's niiiiiiice. It's interesting to meet people in person after meeting them online. Haha. :) Picture picture din kayo! :D Haha.

Take care!

Nanan said...

Aaaww! Jez! Alavet. Haha. Uhmm. Mega-smile/laugh ka nga, eh. :-)

Anonymous said...

Akala ko nagkita na kau before. But..

Yey! You two finally met. :)