Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Friday, August 10, 2007

Loving rainy days

Two days.
Two days I've been stuck here at home.
..and I so so so love it! Thanks for the heavy rain (not a storm, though) :)

Yesterday, I was all set for school when dad disagreed to bring me to school. Eh? With the hard rain outside, I can't imagine myself going for a jeepney ride (yuck.mababasa ako, for sure). Actually, dad and I had a little argument. I really wanted to go to school 'cause we were supposed to have a ComSci and Philo100 quiz.


He was pointing out that there's such thing as parents' discretion.
"Dad... for pre-schoolers lang 'yun; 2nd year college ako."

He's certain daw that even if the class suspension announcement was for elem & HS levels only, CLSU would be suspending as well. I told him I just want to make sure. What if meron, 'di ba?

Well, what can I do? I can't drive. I can't pull my worries on getting really wet if I would use public transpo and then on walking through the campus.
I then called kuya Allan (ring..ring..unattended.), Lavie (ring..ring..unattended.), and Joan (ring..ring..again, unattended). Finally, I called up Javin aka Mr.Smiley 10 mins before our 10 AM Statistics200 class. He was already at school though he advised me not to come anymore since our prof has already cancelled our class sched due to the minimal attendance.

With all the pride I need to swallow, I told dad he was right. haha. Tsk. Sinabi na kasi na parents know best e.

Anyhoo, I spent the day with my hobby and top interest - sleeping :)
The rain was just overly perfect for a good hibernate mode that I even missed having lunch 'cause I woke up by 4 PM. Over sleeping, eh? Well, I’m under-slept oftentimes so having 6 hours of nap (you still call that nap?) was okay, or at least reasonable.

TODAY, with the coldness the rain brings that surrounds me along with my blanket, I pressed the snooze button of my phone alarm for like 6 times! Oh well, I just can't help but stick on my bed and do more zzzz's :-D
By 8 AM, with eyes half-closed, I peeked on my cell phone to check for any sms. Happily, someone sent a msg that goes like this:
To: CLSU Students
FROM: USSC Office
Classes are suspended today as declared by Gov. Umali and approved by the
University Pres.

Weepeee! Inasmuch as I would still wish to sleep, the sms I’ve just read shook my body to excitement. So there, both good and bad upshot—no classes; I woke up and I hardly can sleep.

-----------------------

Another shallow thing I would share is my love for jackets.
If you’ve been my friend for a long time, you probably know my lurve (love) for coats.
One thing I love about the rainy climate is that I am able to wear my long-sleeved blouses and shirts, and jackets!
I even told mom, we should try going to the US for just a month—just to give way for the tons of jackets I have. He he. Babaw.

Anyway, that’s all I can share for now.
Sorry for a shallow post :p
Hopefully, my next post would be more meaningful


In love with the rain (and jackets),

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yap,;p! pag rainy days naalala ka nmin..factory ka ata ng jacket.miz u jez.

meeema said...

i loooove rainy season too. my obsession would be rain boots. =) one thing i missed about being home is the smell when it rains. =)

Jez said...

Diane: Ha-ha! Hindi ko na alam how many jackets are in my closet ;p
Anyhoo, miss ko kayo nila rjean and company kahit hindi umuulan :)
keep in touch, diane!

Jomae: Hmm..the last time I wore rain boots was when I was like 6 or 7 ;p
The smell? hmm.. what kind?
I usually experience something that breaks my nose (alimuom--i think that's what the oldies call it). haha.

meeema said...

rain boots here are essentials. haha. thank the Lord, mine doesnt smell.

meeema said...

http://www.plueys.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=3&zenid=e90ceb641a79a20c5cef562d096ba537


i have those in pink. from ebay. hehe.

Jez said...

Joma, the smell I was referring to was the rain ;p
Anyway, lovely boots! I've never worn such, though.

meeema said...

ooooh. that was so slow of me. ahaha. yun ba yung parang amoy lupa? ahaha!

Jez said...

Hehe. That's okay. Mahirap talaga pag online talk ;p

Anyway, yes, 'yun nga yun. You said it right--"amoy lupa". haha.