Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Monday, August 27, 2007

The impact of Making A Difference

The whole world knows that my sister, Vanj, and I visited Singapore and Malaysia last summer to attend a conference as well as to have a tour.
Recap: The conference we’ve graced our attendance to was the Project Barnabas ’07, which was hosted by His Sanctuary of Glory, Kuala Lumpur.

There, I’ve got lots of inputs about ministering, witnessing/ sharing, Christian life growth, and other things which were taught not by lecture but by personal encounters.

Anyway, I also have learned some not-so-new songs. I’ve got to be familiar with Give us Clean Hands, How Great is Our God (We Fall Down was the only Chris Tomlin songs I knew back then) and Making A Difference (by City Harvest Church choir).

As we arrived home (by home, I am referring to my motherland), the three became on top of my favorite songs.
I ripped the songs to my PC, and played them at home much that my little brother, MJ, got to almost memorize their lyrics. Later on, I have observed dad play the songs, when he uses our PC, the way I do—meaning over and over and over and over again.

Last Friday evening, my dad and I watched the videos I’ve recorded during the PB at Malaysia. While we were viewing Making A Difference, he suddenly asked me to type the lyrics so he can follow.

Jumping on Sunday, Vanj, Donna, and I sang Making a Difference for the giving & offertory part of our Sunday Service.

The afternoon of the same day, our church pastors had a meeting with dad (Sr. pastor). I was informed that part of their meeting was practicing the song Making a Difference.
Why in the world?... because it’ll be the theme song for our church’s incoming campaign!

Hooray! Thank you, HSG :) Thank you, too, Sun Liaw, for letting me know this song’s title.
Above all, thanks are to God! Indeed, “All things work together for good, for those who love God.”


Now, everyone in the church is thrilled to start the campaign. Everyone's glad and excited to work and see results. Jesus Revival Church. Christians. Men. Women. Youth. Children...

We Will Make a Difference.
(click the box below to listen to Making a Difference)
Making A Difference lyrics

Won’t You, Lord
Take a look at our hands?
And everything we have
Use it for Your plans
Won’t You, Lord
Take a look at our hearts?
Mold it, Refine it
As You set us apart

We want to run to the Altar
And catch the Fire
To Stand in the Gap
between the Living and the Dead
Give us a heart of compassion
for a world without vision
We Will Make a Difference
Bringing hope to our Land

We will answer the call
to build this church without walls
let Your glory be shown
bring salvation to the lost
to the lost

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.