Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hillsong United Live in Manila (i)

*click on the photos for larger views
PS. 'Got my hair cut last Saturday, so don't be confused :D

Type “hillsong united manila ‘08” on Google and you’ll see thousands of blogs, photos, videos, and different stuff about their concert at the big dome last Monday, May 26. Well, add me to that net traffic :D

We were supposed to leave SJC at 9 AM, but we eventually departed minutes before 10 ‘cause we waited for *insert late comer’s name here*. The girls positioned themselves on a Starex van (driven by kuya Beng), while the boys gentlemen packed themselves together in a green van (uh, don’t know what type of van was that). The 4-hour trip was, as expected, super fun and chat-ful. Talk about kenkoy, korny, and kool put together. :-D

We arrived at the Araneta Center at around 2 PM, so the others had the chance to shop. Alternatively, I took a pleasurable time with Vanj, Nanay Paz, my buddy, Grace, and Ptra.Ces at Go Nuts. Sayang nga ‘cause while we were having a really good meryenda and kwentuhan, I did not notice Zion and Kim’s sms. They were at the Araneta Center as well, and were really ready to meet and catch up with us (Vanj, Nay Paz and I). Both are my childhood church mates and friends from Baguio City (90’s). Sayang talaga ‘cause I haven’t seen them for 12 years now.

Anyhow, at around 4 PM, we checked on Araneta Coliseum’s entrance hall and found out that there were already people queued. We immediately lined-up and reserved space for our other colleagues. We were 25, btw. So there. We were nearly at the front of the line we were in. Thrilled much? Well, yes, absolutely. Man! We traveled four long hours for this! Haha. Oh, btw, it was also our first time to touch our tickets as Ptr. Phillip kept them for us to avoid the “OMG. I forgot my ticket!” scene.

To be honest, it was the first concert I’ve attended (count out JRev). I was very obedient to their rules that I half-heartedly left my digi cam at the van since the coordinators posted a reminder on their multiply that read

Still cameras and video cameras are NOT ALLOWED inside the venue. Araneta security will be checking baggages as you enter, and anyone who brings a camera will be asked to leave it with the security. To avoid hassle, please don't bring your cameras anymore.

So imagine my face when I passed security without even having my bag checked much.
Oh well, sabi nga ng buddy ko, at least I know in my heart that I obeyed AND I still have my cellphone’s camera pa naman. Although 2-megapixel cam lang, at least I have something to capture some moments from the concert, right?

People were allowed to enter lobby at around 5:40, and were allowed to come in the coliseum before 6. Hassle pala talaga dahil Upper B yung nakuha namin, so free seating --- consider rushing to get good seats. Luckily blessedly, my buddy and I transferred to seats beside kuya Elmer and Ptr.Phil which gave us a clearer and more direct view of the centerstage. I believe we were on section 401. Being at the upper middle gave us a really great sight of the United team as well as the crowd.


**ako na yata ang pinaka-makwentong nag-attend ng United concert--- two-part blog naman daw kasi :-P

4 comments:

Carla said...

hi jez... OMG, I mean WOW! Sa mga kwento mo para na rin akong nakasama... heehee! Nakakatuwa ka mag-narate... So, so nice...

wanawana said...

Nakapunta rin yung mga friends ko sa concert na yan. And guess what? May dala pa silang cam. Talaga naman. :D Sana nakasama ako, kaso I'm not YET a fan, eh. Tsaka sana nakita kita. :))

Mary said...

aw. i brought my cam cause i know they'll let it in big events like this.

too bad we didn't get to see each other! :( but it was alot of fun! :))

Jez said...

on Carla: my narrations are understatements of what happened that night. Next time, punta ka, ha.

on Wana: try listening to their songs. Very inspiring. Their group is amazing as they reflect God :D

on Mary: I envy you for having the guts to bring your cam. Mahina lang talaga loob ko. Haha. I should've taken thousands of photos and vids! :)) pero in a way, it helped na wala akong cam 'cause I was able to savour every moment without minding to capture photos and vids every now and then.