Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cosme

I thought I already posted this, but I found out that it was saved as draft lang pala.
Anyway, I made this post after our storm experience on our way home from the women’s retreat at Baguio City.

----------------

I thought I was already approaching death last night.

Everyone in the car was praying firm.

9:30 PM. The wind was tremendously hard that trees and electric posts fall off and occupy the road. Cars, trucks, vans, and all sorts of vehicles were stuck on the road, positioned sidewards to prevent being blown away by the strong wind. We were shaking inside out. The car was wavering as the wind kept on hitting. It kept on quivering us every ten seconds or so. I was staring at the window beside me with my knees and hands shaking and shivering. I was seeing the free-flowing wind and rain. I was seeing other vehicles quiver as well. The little boy inside the car was cuddled tight by the grown-ups. I was crying. I was praying. I kept on praying. They were praying. They kept on praying. We were praying. And yes, we kept on praying.

10:40 PM. We reached a safer place, a gasoline station. Our gasoline tank was nearly reaching the E (empty) mark. The stations around weren’t selling gas yet for some problems brought by the storm. More than forty vehicles were parked on that refilling station. Some were also out of gas, while some were troubled to pursue hitting the road given the weather and the traffic.
It was still raining hard.

2 AM. I woke up.

Past 6 AM. They woke up, as well. The sun was up already, but the sky was still gloomy. My best friend/ buddy, Vanj, and I decided to walk around to observe. (okay, about the photo... we weren't happy for what happened. Our smiles are due to our safety, k.)

8:26 AM. The gas station already sold gas! Thank God.

1:50 PM. We were home safe and sound :)

Praise God ‘cause in the midst of a [literal] storm, His blood covered my family and the other JRC people whom we were convoyed with.

I also thank God for the people in Rosario, La Union who helped us, the motorists, that night. They could have just stayed in their houses, but they chose to go into the highway and be of assistance. I'm not sure if someday people from that place will eventually get to read this blog entry, but I still wish to thank them through this post.

pong salamat sa tulong ninyo. Hindi ko alam kung sa lakas ng hangin sa mga panahon na iyon ay may nasaktan sa mga tumulong, pero salamat muli dahil tinulungan niyo kaming mga motorista na maiwasan ang mga posibleng aksidente. Kahit hindi naman ninyo kami kakilala at kaanoano, salamat po sa pag-sulong ninyo sa malakas na ulan at rumaragasang hangin, sa pagdadala ninyo ng mga gulok para tabasin at igilid ang mga natumbang puno at poste, sa lakas ng loob ninyo na tanggalin ang mga nakaharang na kable ng kuryente, sa pagalis ng mga lumilipad na yero, sa pagpapakalat ng mensahe sa mga motorista na dapat nakatagilid ang mga sasakyan para hindi liparin ng hangin, at sa iba pang nagawa ninyo para sa amin na hindi na napansin.
Hindi po matatawaran ang katapangan at dedikasyon na ipinamalas ninyo sa aming mga dumaan sa matinding bagyong Cosme nang gabing iyon. Salamat po. Purihin ang Panginoon sa buhay ninyo. Pagpalain po kayo nawa ng ating Ama.

To those who prayed for us that night, I also am shouting out a big thanks to all of you.

Above all, thank You, Lord, for planting such a great faith in us. Thank You for taking control of everything. We continually place our hope and trust in You.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. that storm sure is devastating. its a good thing that you and the people you are with during the trip got home safely. well anyaway, i would just like to say that i like the way you write. :] i rarely see people like you in the blogosphere. keep on writing about Him, Jez. keep on inspiring people. :]

Stevenson Q said...

wow! That storm was truly strong! Even in pictures! God Bless you! He truly works for the greater good of the people that loves him and serves him!

God Bless^^

Anonymous said...

Whoa. Grabe. Jez. I am so glad that you guys are alright. God protected you talaga.

Whew, I don't know what to say! Basta I'm very thankful you guys didn't get hurt. I'll continue praying for you :) and those who were affected by the storm. God bless!

Jez said...

Thank you, nikki, steven, coreen, and zion (who sent his comment through sms).
Yes, the Lord is really good and faithful :)
God bless y'all as well.