Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The I Heart Revolution

I went to Pampanga yesterday with mom, Vanj, and MJ to see my grandma, Apu De (lola De[lia]), who’s leaving for Guam tomorrow.

We dropped by SM Pampanga first to have coffee as well as to do some shopping. Guess what I saw first – Hillsong United’s latest release, the ‘The I Heart Revolution: With Hearts as One’. The sales clerk told me that the album is yet to be made purchasable to the public the next day (Today), but thank goodness because I was eventually able to buy the 2-CD album (credit goes to mom).:D

The truth is when I found out on the internet a few weeks ago that the album would just contain songs from their previous albums, I already considered not buying it. I even urged Ptr.Phil not to acquire a copy as well. Hehe. Sorry naman. However, since mom gave her green signal on buying me one (mom: Sige. ‘Di ba manonood kayo ng concert), I totally shifted from a being a penny-pinching gal into a thrilled Hillsong United aficionado.

This double-disk album features 29 worship songs recorded live from their worship concert tours on different countries around the world for the past two years, and one new song – You’ll Come.
On our 4-hour drive to home this morning, we finished listening to the CDs. Yay!

Some comments.
First song pa lang (The Time has Come; recorded in Brazil), Vanj and I were already like WHOA. We also liked All Day which was recorded from their tour in Mexico. The crowd was just so radical and very much alive. We also drooled over the first song on CD 2 – Take It All as it was recorded during their Nov 2006 concert in Manila (Philippines). I really saw [heard] one of the few reasons why Filipinos are identified abroad as “worshipers” (esp as we’re far-reaching daw at P&W times) in Spirit and in truth. I also was glad to have found out that Nothing But The Blood is an old church hymn pala. As it was played, mom told me that it used to be one of dad’s favorite songs during his youth. Cool. First revival yata ‘to ng United :D

The I Heart Revolution

I feel blessed that Hillsong United came up with this idea of putting up an album where it focused on showing how people around the globe are encountering a real God. This album, being the first piece for the ‘The I Heart Revolution’ project, echoes the sound of a generation from the corners of the earth, singing a love song to Jesus with hearts as one. This is not about the United band, the music, or even the songs… this is about God’s movement in the lives of people.

Moreover, this album serves as a catalyst on producing a generation who loves God and others like breathing, who wishes to reach people for Jesus, to change the world and make a difference. I can feel the heart of the people behind this album. We really should begin not a revolution, but the revolution now… Revolution not in terms of rebellion or evil things, but a transformation in the lives of people all over the world – including yours and mine, too. This is not merely about making young people jump and have fun during praise and worship, but about making young people soar as they cry out for justice, love, faith, and salvation.

As a line from Hosanna goes, I truly see a generation rising up to take their place.



6 comments:

amneeru said...

talagang heart-shaped yung pic ah! wow, i want to have a copy of the album.. sana di maubusan.

Jez said...

Mau, I edited the photo without purpose that it'd shape like a heart <3 galing.

KZRemojo said...

That's my favorite line in the song "hosanna"

You're right. Being in the end times, let us continue to pray for The Great and Final Revival that would precede our Savior's Return. How thrilling it is to be a part of it.

I also agree with you on the "revolution" part. sabi nga nung kanta ng Newsboys: "not enraged, but ENGAGED"

I hope you could find the time to listen to these two songs, (related kasi sa Gospel revoulution to eh)

1) The Mission - by Newsboys
2) Secret Kingdom - by Newsboys

madali lang yan mahanap sa youtube, hehe. (pano ba kasi maglagay ng link sa comments, ngek!hehe)

God bless you more Jez,
I thank God for ALWAYS putting you in the right track

MORE passion and more power to you.

Mary said...

haha. you look so cute in that picture XP

i don't really purchase hillsong united or hillsong cds cause someone burns them for me :P but i want to though.

jez! see you on the 26th :D

pasto♛ej said...

ei, sobrang ganda, and powerful ang album na yan... parang review xa ng ibang albums nla, but iba tlga the way the worship and the heart were captured at those specific times and places of worship!!! keep rockin'

Anonymous said...

How did you do that effect on your picture? You holding a CD?