Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hillsong United Live in Manila (ii)

click on the photos to see larger versions
**this is a continuation of my previous blog entry.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The worship concert was set to start at 8, so [some of] my lady church mates and I decided to wander around first since we were inside already before 6.

Oh, here are photos from the Upperbox section we were at.

We went downstairs, at the lobby, and found out that they were selling shirts with I Heart prints. Hillsong Music CDs, DVDs, VCDs, stickers, and songbooks were also sold at the trade booths. After I purchased a shirt, we had the nerve to ask a guy from the United team to take a picture with us. Yay! He was really friendly as well as funny. He isn’t part of the band, but I was happy enough to have had taken a picture with a person from Hillsong Church, Australia! Haha. No, this isn’t an issue of colonial-mentality neither idolatry, but a sense of joy on finally dealing with a being who belongs to a group that has been inspiring me for sometime now.

We went back to our seats afterwards and proudly showed our colleagues the shirt and our pictures with the ‘Hillsong guy’. :D They were bugging me questions like “..si Marty [Sampson] ba ‘to?” :)) I totally had no idea what to tell them ‘cause I found myself overjoyed by a very shallow reason.

Anyway, as people were already filling out seats, Ptr. Phillip and I had a very significant talk. I’m not going to blab about the things and issues we’ve tackled ‘cause they’re very personal and are top secrets. Hehe. Basta, it was an enlightening moment. It was also nice because being the very private and reserved person that I am; I was able to tell another person of my innermost feelings and thoughts, though not all. (Hello pastor, if you’re reading this!).

It was around 8 PM when we ended our talk ‘cause someone stood on the stage to announce about the available I Heart Revolution shirts and CDs. I think that was Ptr. Ogie Cayabyab (I just got a clue from Ms.Maan’s album captions).

Anyway, it was funny ‘cause people kept on screaming every time the curtain would open and a person would get out from the backstage – be it a concierge, a photographer, a sound personnel, a light director, a street team member, basta may makita silang lalabas from the backstage, they would yell and clap hardly. Hahaha. Silly Filipino youth :-P

When the lights went off minutes past 8, we knew that that was the beginning of the night. People kept on screaming (include me in the people category) that we hardly heard the first few notes of United’s introduction (the same intro on their United We Stand album). Even the stage lights were off, but such darkness appeared beautiful to me. Add to that appreciative notion the blinking lights of some. On top of that, it was probably the intense feeling I had that made me delighted about the absence of light.

A tiny light on the center stage broke up and it was like magic that my eyes saw Joel Houston and the whole team covered by God’s glory.

Man! It’s not DVD this time. Live, bro., Live!

They kicked off the worship event with their classic song The Time has Come (“Today, Today” as ate Divz would dub it, hehe).

I could hardly remember their whole set/ line-up after the concert, but thank God for giving me a pal like kuya Jordan who posted a snapshot of United’s official set.

United We Stand Intro

Time Has Come

Take It All

My Future Decided - I shouted out "Youth Caaaamp!". Check our camp promo vid to get what I mean.

Mighty to Save – I didn’t know why, but tears spontaneously flowed from my eyes while singing this song.

Hosanna – we were all like “Vanjjjj!” ‘cause this is one of her trademark songs (if that’s what you call it).

You’ll Come (bridge only) – it was my first time to hear this song, but I totally loved the lyrics. Later on, I found out that it’s actually included in the I Heart: With Heart as One album. “Chains be broken.. Hearts be healed.. Eyes be opened.. Christ is revealed”

The Stand Vanj told me on our way home that she thought of me when they sang this recalling that I told them (on our way to Araneta) that I wish The Stand would be included in their concert line-up.

*Joel talked about his friend who’s a member of the Planetshakers band who’s suffering from cancer. With all faith, his friend composed a song calledHealer”. Joel didn’t actually mention the song title, but I found out about it on the internet the day after the concert.

Healer – another new song to my ears. Very powerful lyrics.

Shout Unto God

You Deserve – nice song! It was my first time to hear [and eventually sing] it.

Look To You

Lead Me to the Cross – Annie Garatt’s voice truly reflects God’s glory :)

All I Need Is You (chorus and bridge only) – the crowd sang most part of the song. I couldn’t help record it! Awesome. It’s like hearing the ‘crowd chorus’ parts of their albums.

*Joel lead an altar call. He asked those who haven’t received Jesus as their personal savior and Lord yet to commit their lives and live as sons of the King!

None But Jesus

Inside Out

Be Lifted High – I started singing “in my life…be lifted high” on my row. I was so unconscious that my voice was really loud! Hehe

Saviour King

Salvation is Here

What the World Will Never Take

Tell the World

*The United band abruptly went off the stage after Tell the World, but the crowd kept on shouting either “More! More!” or “One way! One way!”. AND, I believe their request wasn’t a twist of fate ‘cause they (United) were really supposed to sing One Way and Solution as their last songs. Hmm.. I just have no idea why they went at the backstage just yet.
People were really extreme as they sang along “One Way” and “Solution”.
Actually, I have been memorizing Solution ‘cause I was really thinking that it’d be included on their set! Yay!

One Way

Solution


The worship concert ended minutes before 11 PM.

These photos show how perspired we were after the event! Yaiks. I smell preschool. HAHA. JK.

KFC for dinner. Others opted for ChowK.


Tulog lahat on our way home :-P


I’ll tackle about worship at the concert on my next post about United ’08.

11 comments:

Carla said...

wow, i wish i was there... OMG, Lead Me to the Cross is one of my favorite worship songs... wow! nah... sayang talaga, anyway may next time pa naman... heehee! ;p

Anonymous said...

i felt God's presence while reading this post ah!
huhu... eto na naman si inggit ko, hehe..
i can imagine the people singing, jumping and worshiping God.
wow, people praising Jesus! i love seeing scenarios like that!
and the altar call, i'm sure many people received Jesus as their Lord and Savior that night.
the song "The Stand" became one of my LSS when i searched for videos of the live worship last May 26.
i'm glad you blogged about it. parang nakapunta narin ako. yehey!

Anonymous said...

hi, tnx for commenting on my similar post bout this..
my turn now, ehe..
God really made us felt his presence that time..glad to read from someone who's also passionate for God. May God bless you and your church. Keep serving God!=)

Karen said...

wow! I didn't get to watch the concert... sayang! hillsong's the best.. love, love, love 'em. :)

God bless!

Anonymous said...

wow HILLSONG UNITED!!! you gonna go to Sonicflood too??

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was in Google, searching for United's line up, and Praise God, I saw your site! :D

It was really helpful. I am a Catholic, but my dad, my sister and I, along with my bandmates from the community (It's not just the regular sunday mass thingamajig, we also have Bible studies and days for purely praise and worship etc etc :D Which kind of reminded me a bit of Victory, which I used to attend even if I wasn't a Born Again Christian since I love how the youth praise and well acknowledge our God! Anyway, going back.. Hehe)I'm in HAD to be in this concert.

Having been there was a blessing in itself, but seeing that youth - more or less my age, had the same passion for God? THAT was something else. AMAZING! It really showed God's glory! I was clueless probably half the time since I didn't know all of their songs, but still, I couldn't help but cry and sing along, because I was overly overwhelmed. (Is there even such a thing?? Haha!)

Anyway, thank you for posting this, at least now, I can get to know their songs more! :) God bless you always. :)

Mindanaoan Driver said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your Hillsong experience. I didn't, just before I was about to enter the coliseum, they confiscated my camera. :(

I frowned and felt the front seats weren't worth it. It's my 2 months of savings.

Anonymous said...

Hey I was here too :) twas a long story before we came in so late and missed the opening and wasnt even able to seat on our designated seats! the stairs was like bottlenecked and crowded that we can't even go up. we ended up standing til the end of the concert. But still its so annointing. Most of the songs were new to me then, but I loved them. One thing i wont forget in this experience was when they already sang their last song, went backstage but people kept on asking for MORE! "ONE WAY ONE WAY!!". em not sure if it was really part of the line up eh? haha

looking forward for another hillsong experience:)

Anonymous said...

[color=red]The Most Affordable XRUMER/BACKLINK SERVICE Online!
The EFFORTLESS and POWERFUL WAY TO BUILD MASSIVE # OF BACKLINKS
[color=black]
200,000 BLASTS of your URLs+ Anchor Tex, message, pictures (can be spinned) etc
$10 USD (shared with other clients like a carpool), or
$25/200k for exclusive!(you control EVERYTHING)
$50 Exclusive @ 500,000 blasts.
(Complete reports will be given to clients)

[IMG]http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1540/arrowdownh.gif[/IMG]
For orders, questions or concerns? Email: [u]formless.void47 at gmail.com [/u]
Note:
1. For STRICT Whitehat sites, it is advised to create buffers to pass on linkjuice. i.e. social bookmarks, cloaked pages etc.
You can blast the site directly, but it entails risk.
Using buffers are 100% safe, speaking from experience.
2. Xrumer is a very technical tool. Just describe to me what sorts of effects you want and well make it happen!
If you want to buy Xrumer?
>>>>> http://cloakedlink.com/chzgykebsd <<<<<<

[color=black]
-------
CLIENT 2 SAMPLE SPACE FILLED WITH URLs,Pics and Keywords
seo websites shenzhen seo seo advisor professional seo software trellian seo poker seo Xrumer 29 seo links directory seo delhi elite keyword seo Buy Pr6 Links seo services text link ads seo lincolnshire no buy seo friendly shopping cart seo report seo training course seo link tool seo doncaster in house seo free search engine submit buy link ads seo outsourcing philippines search engine ranking link building seo search engines seo guru pakistan search engine placement seo elite affiliate program quick seo seo copy seo berkshire fort lauderdale seo buy pain white seo Xrumer Website link building seo seo louisville seo warrington seo studio enterprise certified seo portland seo submission software seo page rank seo facts seo training india foreign language seo seo traffic seo help

-----
CLIENT 3 SAMPLE SPACE
[url=http://provenheightincrease.co.cc/ebook/increase-height-shoes]increase height shoes[/url] http://provenheightincrease.co.cc/ebook/increase-height-shoes

[url=http://herpeset.co.cc/cheap/Faq-Genital-Herpes-Curing-Herpes-Herpes-Of-The-Tongue.html]faq genital herpes curing herpes herpes of the tongue[/url]

http://electroniccigs2.easyjournal.com/entry.aspx?eid=4322188 Buy ultra wizard smokes reviews Buy canofbuds.com reviews Buy internationaloddities.com reviews

[url=http://buyplasmahdtvrev.easyjournal.com/entry.aspx?eid=4357877]PanasonicTH-58PZ700U58-Inch1080pPlasmaHDTV[/url]


-----
CLIENT 4 SAMPLE SPACE
[url=http://provenheightincrease.co.cc/ebook/exercise-for-getting-taller]exercise for getting taller[/url] http://provenheightincrease.co.cc/ebook/exercise-for-getting-taller

[url=http://growyourdick.co.cc/penile/increase-my-penis-size]increase my penis size[/url] http://growyourdick.co.cc/penile/increase-my-penis-size

http://teethwhiteningstripsreviews.info/xr/22-teeth-whitening.html

http://buycheapplasmatv.info/cgi-bin/index.pl?=panasonic-42-viera-plasma-hdtv [url=http://buycheapplasmatv.info/cgi-bin/index.pl?=panasonic-42-viera-plasma-hdtv]panasonic 42 viera plasma hdtv[/url]

[url=http://teethwhiteningstripsreviews.info/xr/Cambridgeshire]tooth whitening safety Okayama home remedies for whitening teeth chevy chase Chhattisgarh grand rapids michigan teeth whitening tooth whiteners teeth whitening manchester missouri tooth whitening toronto Calderdale[/url]

-----
CLIENT 5 SAMPLE SPACE
[url=http://cheapxrumerservice.co.cc]Cheap Xrumer Service[/url]
[url=http://cheapxrumerservice.co.cc]Cheapest Xrumer Service[/url]
[url=http://cheapxrumerservice.co.cc]Best Xrumer Service[/url]
--------
http://cheappleodinosaurprices1.wordpress.com/feed/

http://cheaphdtvplasma.co.cc/television/65-lcd-hdtv [url=http://cheaphdtvplasma.co.cc/television/65-lcd-hdtv]65 lcd hdtv[/url]

[url=http://stopacaiberryscams.info/cgi-bin/index.pl/acai-diet-pills]acai diet pills[/url]

Unknown said...

sisongs.blogspo t.com is the be st website for all downloads somunews.blogspot .com moviesex clusive.blogspo t.com

Anonymous said...

Hi yep Hillsong is awesome! They have strong passion for God and for people leading thousands upon thousand generation in worshiping our King Jesus!I do as well!

Btw, It was not Marty Sampson, The guy in the pic probably whom you had taken a shot is Brent Garatt!

Keep your heart burning only for Christ!:)
Shalom