Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Third Time

After the service last Sunday, Giovan and I were told that we’ll be leading the P&W (praise and worship) for the main service the following week. We just went on with, “Talaga po?”, and agreed afterwards.

Whoa-oh-oh (sing with me… God be the solution).

It was my third time (remember my second?) to be assigned as the song worship leader for the Sunday service. Moreover, it was my first time to be leading with Giovan, who, on the other hand, is yet to have his first Sunday service worship leading experience.

We decided to first pray for the songs we’ll include in the line-up, and then just combine our sets afterwards.

The final line-up was brought up on the evening of June 11 (Wednesday), during the surprise birthday party the JRC people set for my mom’s 40+th birthday celebration. It was during the dinner when we showed each other the line-up we came up with. We sort of brainstormed on selecting the songs that’ll be included in the final set.


Giovan’s set

Jez’s Set

Draw Me Close

-none-

For All You’ve Done

Come, Now is the Time

Did You Feel the Mts Tremble?

Mercy is Falling

All Day

Friends in High Places

Consuming Fire

With All I Am

Always

You Stand Alone

How Great // Days of Elijah

For this Cause

Break Free

Break Free

We then came up with this arrangement:

Opening:
  • Draw Me Close to You (Giovan: Yung laging kasama sa line-up niyo, ate Jez. hehe)

Joyful songs:

  • Come, Now is the Time to Worship
  • For All You’ve Done
  • Mercy is Falling

Solemn songs:

  • Always
  • For this Cause
  • How Great is Our God (house favorites here! Haha)
  • Days of Elijah *bridge only (Who was, and Who is, and Who is to come..)

Acquaintance song:

  • Break Free

Communion song/s:

  • Hosanna (Blessed be the Rock) // No Higher Calling

June 15, Sunday

The stage setup was the usual, although the little difference was that there were two worship leaders, with one strumming a guitar while his microphone’s on a stand. And no, I don’t play the guitar.

We started off with a group prayer at the office, of course, and then hit the stage subsequently. When I say stage, I don’t mean we’re ready to merely perform, rather to lead a congregational worship.

After the opening song and prayer, the Lord asked me to share these messages with the people:

James 4:8

“Come near to God and he will come near to you.”

Matthew 7:7

“…for everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.”

My heart was overflowing during the p&w. Indeed, when we pray and commit ourselves to the Lord, He takes over. He answered my prayers --- to just flow and move through our (the worship team’s) united hearts and spirits, and that His glory be shown as we lift and extol His name.

I give back all the glory to Him for all the praises and very good responses we heard during and after the service. It is never about us, but is all about HIM.

There’s just this inner joy that I feel, that we feel. I believe God is about to do more magnificent things; we just have to let Him take complete control of our lives.

Trust me; you’ll be able to live life the way it’s supposed to be lived when you devote yourself not to religion alone, but to a relationship with Jesus Christ :-)

Whoah-oh-oh!

(photos were taken after the service. // click to enlarge)

4 comments:

KZRemojo said...

Wow, I wish I was there. My Joy is to participate in Anointed Worship Services. For me, worship is the most important part of a sunday celebration.

I agree, that is only the beginning!

-Ben Soo- said...

Haha! Hallelujah! All praise and honour to our King! =D

Jez said...

Thank you, Zion. You're a part of this victory--take joy! God bless din on your worship leading this coming Sunday.

Benzy, I shall say amen to that! Praises be to Him alone.

Mary said...

congratulations on your fourth time. :) know what, i've been asked by our pastors to song lead like, a couple of times, but i said i didn't want to. i don't know why, but i just don't have the courage. i always think i would be too conscious and be afraid to mess up that praise and worship will just lose it's real meaning because of me :|