Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

SJA - High School's Class of 2008

Note: Click on the thumbnails/ photos or right click and select 'open in new window' to see the pictures in larger views.

St. John’s Academy had its first secondary commencement exercises last April 1 (Tues). I was so into it because aside from the fact that I did a lot of work for the event, my sister, Vanj (yeah, I'm linking her name now 'cause she already has a blog!), was one of the (first secondary) graduates.

On being a daughter, I must say that this event made me even more proud of my parents. Before this graduation, we had several batches of students for recognition. Indeed, both of them have been instruments of educating and nurturing the minds as well as the pagkatao of some of our city’s youth. I’m proud that in 10 years time, they have all these things established already, of course with the provision and wisdom coming from our Big Boss – the Lord.

Moreover, on being a sister to Vanj as well as to the graduates…
More than any other batch SJA had yet, this batch’s the dearest to me since most of the graduates have been known to me since their first grade. Also, some who stepped into SJA’s grounds for just their secondary course have been so dear to me as I am most into SJA-HS now that I’m in college. Although I cannot overlap nor level into my mom’s attachment to them as principal (as well as counselor), I can say I have somehow stuck myself in them.

After their final song and prayer, they started to cry and give each other big and tight hugs. Okay, I have to admit the boys gentlemen have a little problem on showing their emotions, but I still felt their sorrows upon parting with their classmates. The girls ladies became very much emotional at the end of the programme, but I totally understand what they were feeling ‘cause I had the same tears inside out during my HS graduation.

SJA’s Class of 2008, nevertheless, as most of the graduation speeches include, this is only the beginning of your journey in life. I’m so proud to have been a witness to your growth and success. Your names have all been told in our home when my mom praises you for your deeds, or otherwise. :-P In an unobvious manner, you have made a mark in my life. I can’t find the accurate words, but I will simply miss you all.

Thank you for choosing St. John’s as stepping stone for reaching higher goals. Congratulations for having passed the basic stages of your life. As you are approaching for more complex phases, I pray that you would always apply and remember whatever your Alma matter has taught and planted in you.

I believe in you, Johanians!

Love and prayers,
Ate J e z


Shoutout: Congratulations, my ever-dearest sister, Vanj, for having worn a lot of big gold stuffs on your neck during the graduation! Whoo. 2nd honorable mention. I'm soooo proud of you ;)

some SJA-HS teachers with dad, Vanj, mom, and I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi te jez...vanj here... la lng.. buti kpa my pictures ng graduation ko..haha
ako kasi wala...hahaha
anyway, di pako nakaka get over sa high school life ko..hehehe
but i guess, it takes time..
sige, take care!