Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Monday, April 28, 2008

Youth Camp '08 (i)

Came from the camp last Wednesday evening!

I’m sorry that I cannot really blog about the whole of the camp. We just experienced much that cannot be contained into words, and with all those on my mind, I can’t even think of how to start narrating about it. The Lord’s ways are truly marvelous.

Anyway, I praise God for all those who prayed, labored, and gave efforts for the camp. It wasn’t an easy task to organize such a camp, but with much passion and faith, the Lord has endowed us wisdom and strength.

There were /edit/ 96 + 2 /edit/ delegates (the two came on the second day), by the way.


Okay, the following will be very spontaneous blabs.

Sobrang thrilling papunta pa lang kami sa camp site. Actually, funny, pero the group of campers I was with were transported by a small truck. Nakakatawa talaga. My buddy and I were just sitting on her traveling bag kasi medyo masikip na. Tapos, at around 3:30, the rain poured hard---read that again, hard. Being on the corner front of the truck, we took the sacks that were stuck somewhere in the truck, and sheltered the other girls from the rain causing us to be wildly wet! Nevertheless, even if we were totally soaked in rain and even if we stood for the rest of the trip, we kept on shouting “isipin niyo nalang, masarap ang ulan!” and "ang hindi nabasa, pangeeeet!". :-D Happiness is a choice, you see.

We arrived at the camp site –God’s Awesome Place in Brgy.Binclog, Dagupan City, at 5:25 PM, while the other vehicles and campers came minutes after. The first day, or should I say night of camp was rather short since there has been a delay on our programme because we left late.
We were grouped already by the first night. I was assigned to lead the *coughs* violet team :-D

We had orientations, acquaintance stuffs, and a P&W session followed by a message through Ptr. Mar. He discussed the power of the Word and of our words. Had snacks and all that chit-chatting, then asked the campers to sleep at around 12:30. Well, being my usual self, I slept at around 4:20. Heehee. I can hardly sleep, eh. Tpos katabi ko pa ang buddy ko, kaya we just talked about a bunch of things. We talked about how we do not wish to start with the second day of camp yet ‘cause we know how speedy a day can pass. On the other hand, we wanted to begin with the second day instantaneously, as we believe that the Lord will do great things, and we’re excited to witness those. Sooo… if you’re wondering how we slept, ganito ang dialogue:
Jenny: buddy, anong oras na?
Jez: (checked my watch) 4 na!
Jenny: hala, tulog na tayo.
Jez: Okay, wag ka nang sumagot pag nagsalita pa ako J

...and there was silence.


I’ll just resume with my camp post next time :)

Btw, I dated this post on the first day of camp.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! so excited to read more of your posts. kaya pla nagtataka ako kung bakit Apr.28 ang post mo. hehe..

Mary said...

can't wait for the rest of the post. dito pa lang, it sounds like you guys were really blessed and you had alot of fun. :)

Carla said...

I can imagine you guys shouting and enjoying the rain while standing on a truck! (umaandar pa yun ha?) heehee!

Jez said...

Thank you, girls :)
It was really fun. Anyway, just watch out for a photo blog. hehe
I don't think kaya pa ng powers ko na iblog yung buong camp. hehe
Thanks for sharing with my joy :-D