Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My First Online Purchase

I'm taking risks this time, for the first time, to buy products online.

My group in History100 needs to submit a documentary film that has a historical or social relevance by Saturday (March 15), along with the film analysis made by nonetheless, us. However, given a short period like this (okay, it's Tuesday now!), one would prolly take even the most unsure jeopardy. Most DVDs and VCDs titles are already taken by other groups, so we I (singular!) had no choice but to just look for DVDs online!

From last Saturday 'till yesterday, I have called I think more than 30 publishing houses, video stores, online retail shops, and the like, but most had titles/ films that my classmates and my prof's other handled sections already are working on. sa 1aFinally, I've decided to email GMA-7 reporter Sandra Aguinaldo to ask where I could buy DVD collections of her documentaries. sa 2aSurprisingly, she replied and told me that I could avail I-Witness documentary DVDs at Powerbooks. Well, since going to the nearest Powerbooks outlet would be like a 5-hour trip from my place, I've decided to just continue surfing online - National Bookstore and Museong Pampelikula ng Pilipinas are among the others. Then, I suddenly tripped to Kabayan Central. I was a bit suspicious at first since it was my first time to hear such an online company, but I had no choice! I called their Pasig office, and was entertained naman by their clerk. Moroever, I also got the chance to contact My Ayala, company that owns Powerbooks. They gladly referred me to their online customer service representative who was very professional, unlike that of Kabayan Central (KC's customer service rep was kind enough, but talked not much like of a pro). Oh well, to cut this whole thing short, I just ordered 2 DVDs from KabayanCentral (Ten Years of Howie Severino and The Best of GMA's Serbisyong Totoo) and 1 DVD from Powerbooks (The Best of Imbestigador vol.1) last night.

Oh btw, I bought more than one DVD since other groups also asked to me just order for them (ahhh.. pay me for the labor! haha. Jk).

Anyway, unlike with PB, I'm not so sure about KC, but I'm hoping that my bucks wouldn't be into a fraud as I transfer money from my bank account to theirs this day.

Update y'all when I get my DVDs! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how mcuh?