Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Destination: Baguio

While our neighbors were producing (quite annoying) musical notes during their “pasyon” sessions for the Holy Week, my family and I spent our weekend at a place where I was born, and prolly our fave place in the country – Baguio City.

Idk. Even if we often go there, we still feel a sense of home-ness whenever we visit the place. Perhaps it’s the temperature, or perhaps the same old places we used to normally go back in the 90’s.

So anyway, we had a hard time looking for a hotel room since we forgot to have a reservation at any, plus the crowd of bakasyonistas and turista was thick.

Tried out Macrotel, Manor, Golden Pine, Supreme, AIM, Paladin. We were like Mary and Joseph who were turned down with “Sorry, there are no more (available) rooms here tonight.” repeatedly. However, unlike their destiny, we did not end up being in a small and humble manger. We tried inquiring at Summer Place Hotel, Baguio’s best hotel for 2007. Not being rebuffed, dad was told that the only room available was the presidential suite! And yes, we immediately grabbed it. Man, it was more than spacious. There were four queen-sized beds, a living room, a pretty bath area, a veranda, and almost a space possible for table tennis. Ahaha. The last’s a joke.

Although not totally dumbfounded, I was thanking the Lord the night before I went to sleep. For all who knew our family very well from the start, you people know that before the Lord has given us everything we owe now (although everything we have is still His), we had very humble beginnings. Correlating that to my prayers, I thanked God for His faithfulness to me and to my family. That time, I saw being in a presidential suite, even if we were just five, as a manifestation of God’s abundant and extravagant faithfulness to His faithful servants.

We also attended a Friday service at the Baguio First Methodist Church. They were sort of having their Holy Week (Good Friday) Service when we came. We weren't able to complete the service, though. We came during the 5th message (in their case, the 5th "unexpected").

Anyhow, my ate and her family were also at the same city, but since they were with my bayaw (bro-in-law)’s family (who were staying at Supreme Hotel), we only got to see them every night.
Went to Yellow Cab the first night and just stayed at Summer Place’s view deck and resto the second.

I can say that amidst the thick crowd in all the places we've been at Baguio, I enjoyed this short vacation. And oh, it was our first time to visit Baguio without stepping into the grounds of SM! We agreed not to spend time malling since there are lots of malls out of Baguio, anyway.

Oh, I also took photos of the now-crowded mountains surrounding Baguio City. I was thinking of Zion when I took these since he was telling me (through sms) that he hasn’t been in our hometown for years now. Wala lang. Just so you could compare in your thoughts the old Baguio and the Baguio of today :D
Overcrowded na at some areas, pero okay lang. Still love the place. <3>

Oh-ho. It was also my first out-of-town with my new eyeglasses. Ahaaaa. So there, as you can see, my glasses turn brown when touched by sunshine. Waley.

Tara na, biyahe tayo! ;)


Photos are uploaded here.

2 comments:

KZRemojo said...

Bravo,bravo!once again,well narrated.

Onga, ang laki nung room!

Dahil sa mga pics mo, prang nakapunta na din ako, at minention mo pa ko, :-),although from this point of view, di ko pa rin makita ung difference between the old Baguio and the Baguio of today, heheh.

one question, (heheh) can u survive without ur camera? hahaha
God bless you more Jez and your whole family!

Jez said...

Well-narrated? Thanks!
..although I think very random ng pagkaka-narrate ko.

Anyway, I have more shots ng Baguio pero I'll just sms you if ma-upload ko na on my multiply.

The new Baguio is sooooo crowded. I mean, crowded na dati pero sobra na ngayon.

Anyway, my cam is like my best friend! Hah.

Tara sa Baguio. :)