Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Thursday, July 26, 2007

YOUTHNITED Preparations

Everybody's excited for the incoming
Y
O
U N I T E D
T
H

We, the youth leaders are very thrilled on what the Lord will do on Friday. In line with this, we had a week-long preparation for it.

Anyway, I would want to first present you some of my co- youth ministry workers and leaders before I start narrating. (this isn’t complete, though)




MONDAY 07.23.07
I do not have classes on Monday afternoons so I got a long time to prepare for our scheduled practice for the youth net's P&W (Praise and Worship).
Vanj, Jett, and Dhez, my back-up singers for the past youth nets, will not be around on the Youthnited (awww), so I would have Monica, Jeza, Joy, and Donna as the back-ups. Donna has been a back-up singer ever since I started worship leading; Jeza and Monica have been involved in the music ministry since April, I think.
Julius (moo) asked me to burn/make a CD for him that'd contain the songs we will be having for the Youthnited as well as the next youth nets. Btw, Julius and Donna are siblings so I thought the CD would be a useful practicing tool for them since Julius is our bassist while Donna, again, is a back-up singer.
I also made compilations of songs for Jeza and Monica to rehearse.

The time agreed was 5, but since I want to be there earlier, I arrived at the by 4:30 and had a prayer time. Monica-Jeza-Donna, Joy, Keyong-Joseph-Julius-Giovan-Ptr.Phil came (in order).

Our practice was okay; I just thought we should be more united as our theme goes. Some of the back-ups were not so familiar with How Great is Our God, so we kind of had flats.
Anyway, I also noticed how Kim (the drummer) matured. Unlike before, he was more open to teachings & corrections on his beats. Good job, Kim!

I also had a great sharing time with Ptr. Phil, our superb youth pastor. The Lord has given me wonderful people around – Ptr. Phil’s included ;)

Line-up:
Refiner’s Fire
King of Majesty
Open the Eyes of My Heart
Great is the Lord
How Great is Our God (selah: How Great Thou Art)


TUESDAY 07.24.07
Jett and I met at school during both our breaks. We’ve talked about the stage preparations for the YOUTHNITED night. Actually, he won’t be there on the event (he’s a DevComm officer, I think they have an affair on the same day); so I guess with that, he wants to contribute in any way he should or at least can. We both agreed to ask Ptr. Phillip for a special meeting re groundwork for the youth net.
I dropped-by home after class to freshen up a bit, and then went straight to the church.

Y
O
U N I T E D
T
H

<-- Ptr.Phil







WEDNESDAY 07.25.07
Youth P&W practice: 1800 PM; since my class was until 6 PM I arrived several minutes late at the church. Our practice was okay; it was just that we don’t have a male back-up—Giovan and Julius, take charge! ;p











After our practice, we started on our stage banner. It was super funnnnn :D








Julius is taking up BS CE so we used his stuffs (T-square and other engineering equipments which I am not very familiar with. Hehe).
Went home quite late (10 PM).

**kinuha nanaman ni Julius yung headband ko.Hmp. Ibalik moooo!


THURSDAY 07.26.07
Whooo. Seeing the date today makes my heart jump, roll, and tumble. I’m not scared of the youth net. There’s just much excitement, tension, and passion that are mixed inside me. The YOUTHNITED will be tomorrow. Yes. I better start conserving my voice. he he.

Tomorrow, I believe, will be a very blessed and compassionate night for the JRC youth. Tomorrow night will be a great start of a real life for the invited ones :)

Anyway, my meeting with Ptr. Gregg and other Music Ministry leaders was cancelled. It was somehow good news---more prep time! I went at the church at around 5PM. Julius and Joseph were already there. Oh.. the banner was excellently done by then! Joseph spent the whole night finishing it (Reina and my buddy helped, too). How blessed is the youth ministry for having such creative (and patient) people!

Donna, Joy, Reina, and Rian came at around 5:30. We’ve waited for Jett since he was the one designated to dye the cloths that’ll be used for the stage decoration (Actually, hindi din siya nakarating ‘till umuwi na kami; he was at CLSU kasi).
We do not want idleness around so we’ve decided to make the side banner stands. It was a blessing that Keyong and Kim came, too, so we had four carpenters. hehe. Ang galing nila, actually. Nakakatuwa to see young people work together without any force but passion.

Rian and I bought pancit canton- something to consider as dinner ;) Nyum.

Ptr. Phil came during our so-called dinner. He’s a licensed engineer so he, of course, helped on the side banner stands. (Hmm, feeling ko lang kasi basta engineer magaling with such stuffs).

Tonight was so great! We had a great bonding time. Super.

Also, it was cool that we had lots of photos taken tonight since I was teaching Rian some photog lessons (naks! Pro photographer daw). She will be on the multi-media ministry for the YOUTHNITED (and probably for all the incoming events).

Rian recorded this video as she was practicing:

(skip with the one holding the cross.. hehe. Enjoy!)

Christian life's the best :)
Youthnited in Christ 07.27.07 --- See YOU.

1 comment:

Nanan said...

God is pleased with y'all! :-)