Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Monday, July 16, 2007

My buddy's 20th bee-day

Last Sunday evening, I cannot break off thinking what gift I could give my best friend (buddy) on her 20th birthday (July 16, Monday).
I was exchanging sms’ with Julius, a co-youth leader, about my plans on my buddy’s birthday who actually is his cousin. (Btw, Julius, my buddy, and I are very good friends. They’re like my closest friends... ever). I also was exchanging text messages with my buddy – greetings and all.

Anyway, the next day (Monday), I’ve gathered enough plans for her birthday. I’ve sent group messages to other young people in the church about my plan – a surprise visit! ;) At first, it was frustrating that only two replied... but then, I’m the celebrant’s best friend, I shall not be outdrawn by few replies, right? So there, after my Statistics class, I went straight to Thelma’s to order some goodies for her mini birthday party :)

I went back at Thelma’s by 5 PM to take my orders and then went to the church, our meeting place, with Vanj. Errr.. again, it was frustrating to wait for them ‘till 5:50 PM.

Anyway, we just took a walk on our way to my buddy’s place since it was somehow near the church. The walk we had was fun. There were only 7 of us yet we never stopped laughing :D Masaya talaga ang buhay Kristiyano.
Few steps from the Duran’s place, the rain poured really really hard. I mean, really, it was hard ;p
An umbrella was brought by no one so we all ended up running – getting wet.

As we approached their house, Reina, our accomplice, opened the gate for us. We then sang the birthday song for my buddy. Oh man! She was pretty amazed and shocked. She never thought we’d do that. Akala daw niya it would be her most boring birthday. Well! Well! Who would permit that naman, ‘di ba?

That night was fun. It was the first time, since the quietness and all, for my co-youth leaders and I hang-out altogether again. I missed them. We had lots of sharings – na-miss talaga mag-usap-usap intimately, like we used to do.

I’ll be posting the photos on my multiply na lang.

Happy Birthday, BUDDY!
Be a blessing to more people. God Bless :) Love you.
Hugs,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds fun!

jez.. i miss you posts! drop by ka din sa blog ko. and leave a few comments. ;) we've both been busy for the last few weeks.. err.. months? hehe.

God bless sis!

Jez said...

Hello Myks!
Yeah.. it has been more than a month (since I came from the conference & tour).
I'm going straight to your blog after this comment :)
Miss you!
Oh, when's your bday?

Anonymous said...

my birthday is on november 21st. it's in four months. haha.

how about you? when's your bday?

oh. you know what? i just realized that i'm turning 20, too!