Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Friday, July 20, 2007

Commendations on my Psych110 Class

Today was the first day our block would meet with Mam P a r a y n o (Psych110) after our first term exam. I believe everybody was holding on to their sits in case Mam Auda would announce the results of our first exam as Psych students ;p


Mam Auda was being honest when she said that she was somehow disappointed (uhm, that wasn’t the exact word she used. I just can’t recall) with the outcomes. Geek. After I got flying colors with my Psych100, does this mean I’m having black-and-whites this time?

“Okay, so after checking I think more than 30 of your papers, I would like to commend these two students who did really great on their exam. Nahalata talaga that they’ve read the book as well as the articles. Okay so, I they are Mr. Dulias (class: wow…) and Ms. M a n u g u e (class: oooh).”

Goodness gracious! My knees started shaking for unknown reasons (I rather should be very confident lah). Mam Auda even asked me to stand up three times to read my essays (questions 1-3). Wee. Actually, okay din ‘di ba? Plus points sa crush ko. Kidding! ;p I was a bit shy; I didn’t want my classmates to feel like I’m so proud—talk about being a humble Filipino ;)
Anyway, Angelo (Dulias) read his answer on the fourth and last essay (I know my answer on the fourth wasn’t that so good ‘because I only had 2 minutes for that particular question. time limit.)

After the class, I almost hid my face from some of my classmates ‘cause a lot of them approached me and gave me their praises. The funniest feedback I had, though, was from kuya Allan, our batch president. He grabbed my hand and tapped his forehead on it. Aba! Nag-mano? “Jez. Ang galling mo talaga. Sayo na lang ako mag-papa-edit ng mga paperwork ko. I think.. I think.. I think I’m fallin’. Hehe” (puh-leeees, walang issue. Kuya ko siya. He’s a decade older.)

Hypocrisy aside, it’s pretty flattering to receive such feedbacks and affirmations :)

Though I don’t study hard just for these things, I guess it’s a bonus to be given such commendations.
I do not want to boast of it; I just feel good about it. 8-)

Anyhow, I would like to give back all the praise to the One who deserves all these best. Praise God for what He has done. I would hold on to my faith that I did a great job not by my own might and power, but by the Spirit of the Lord.
He never fails me. How Great is our God!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jez for the job well done! ;)

Nanan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nanan said...

Tsk. Ang galing-galing mo talaga. :-)

Jez said...

Whoa. Thank you, girls! ;D

Flattering talaga, pero I give back all the praises to Him :)

**I do miss the both of you.