Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Sunday, September 28, 2008

AA1

Hello, hello!
My little fingers are twinkly and thrilled so I've decided to make a blog post about this 'excitement'.
Well, mom and dad bought something for meeeee! I now have a cute netbook -- the just-released Acer Aspire One!

Its specs (as copied from AspireOneGuide):
  1. Linux distro “Linplus” OS
  2. 1.6 Ghz Intel Atom CPU
  3. 8.9″ Screen at 1026×600 with LED backlight
  4. 8 GB SSD
  5. One SD card reader and one Multi-format reader that supports SD, XD, MMC and more
  6. Networking: Built-in ethernet and 802.11 B/G wireless. 3G or WiMax available before the end of the year.
  7. Colors available: Blue, Coffee, White, Gold and Pink (only blue and white will be available initially)
  8. 3 Cell, 2200mAh battery
  9. 80% sized keyboard
  10. 300k Webcam
  11. Three USB ports
That's basically it. The specs aren't really mind-blowing, but absolutely a-okay for those who already have high-end desktops at home, or laptops with edge-cutting specifications. So essentially, it's okay for me :D
I like the idea of being able to bring it at univ or just about anywhere without the hassle of carrying more than 3kgs of baggage all the time (AA1's only .8kg, If I'm not mistaken).
It's OS, which uses Linux's Linplus, is fine 'cause I can make use of Writer (the MS Word's counterpart), presentations (akin to MS PPT), and Spreadsheets (similar to MS Excel) and later transfer files to my PC without compatibility issues. Its small memory which is in SSD is just right as I wouldn't be needing a large one 'cause the photos, videos, and other gig-eating stuff will prolly prompt me to use my still-awesome desktop pc.
Okay so what are the things I'm loving about it? Aside from its WiFi-ready system, I love its keyboard (the keys are just the right size), touchpad (really smooth scrolling here), its bass-okay tiny speakers, the webcam (which I am most probably not going to use much), the color that my parents got me, and many other little stuff which I am too lazy to mention :-P
Love, love, love it. Btw, Vanj was bought an AA1, too, but in a blue-colored case.

Some photos (courtesy of Acer, Inc.):


What do you think about it? ;-)

Thank you, Lord, for an early holiday gift! So there's another thumbs-up there, huh? :-)
Thank you, too, mom and dad. This may be a very simple present, but I totally appreciate and enjoy having it.

6 comments:

JERUsaLAINE said...

wow, congratulations on your new netbook. It's really cool and cute :)

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Ang cute naman niyan! :)


Btw, pupunta ka ba sa Candy Fair sa saturday? Awarding ceremony natin. :D

Carla said...

wow... saya! congrats ha!
You're really blessed...

MERiE said...

i also want this one! haha! i've been eyeing on this since I saw it with my classmate/friend.. congrats! i know you deserve this kind of treat :D

Anonymous said...

I've got one of them!
I love it! :-)

Anonymous said...

I so envy you. :-P