Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Monday, August 25, 2008

Michael Guglielmucci

I was checking on my friends' blog sites when I stumbled upon Ben's and read about the shocking news on Michael Guglielmucci.
To tell you about Michael G, I was supposed to share his video on YouTube, but I found out that Integrity Music's channel deleted his two videos already.

Earlier this year, Mr Guglielmucci released a hit song, Healer , which was featured on Sydney church Hillsong's latest album. The song has become a hit and has become an anthem of faith for believers, many of whom are suffering their own illness and were praying for a miracle for Mr Guglielmucci, who has claimed for two years to be terminally ill (Wheatley). Healer was even included in Hillsong's latest album, This is Our God, which was recorded live with Michael having an oxygen tube on. In addition, it was even included at Hillsong United's worship concert in Manila.

I checked for news on google about the said issue, and found out that it wasn't just a rumor at all when I checked on Australian Christian Churches' website.
On the National Executive Statement, Alun Davies, ACC National Vice President, wrote:
Representatives of the National Executive recently met with Michael Guglielmucci. At this meeting he read a statement indicating that his claim to have cancer was untrue. His credential with the ACC was immediately suspended.
The National Executive is taking this matter very seriously and is awaiting the results of medical tests before determining the full extent of the discipline that will be imposed upon him.
We are very concerned for the many people who have been or will be hurt by Michael's actions and we encourage all of our churches to pray for all those affected.
Furthermore, Hillsong Music released th following staments:
20 August 2008
In the past 24 hours it has been brought to our attention that Michael Guglielmucci’s illness is not what we have been led to believe.
Michael has confirmed that he is not suffering with a terminal illness and is seeking professional help in Adelaide with the support of his family.
This news has come as a great shock to everyone including, it seems, his own wife and family.
Please pray for the Guglielmucci family during this difficult time.

I honestly was saddened for the news for the Healer has also made a mark in my heart as the lyrics are just so powerful and because I even was encouraged by Michael's faith. However, I realized that instead of condemning Michael, we should just pray for him as he sure is in a serious depression at these time when most people call him a "fraud".
Amid these circumstances, I still believe on the message of the song as it doesn't really pertain to Michael. Rather, it tells us about the healing power of God which can never be a hoax.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoooaaah. i remember watching him singing 'Healer' with his oxygen tube pa in youtube. and yung parang promotional video nung This is our God album. I can even recall Darlene saying.. "I've heard that church sing many times before, but i have never heard them sing like that." pertaining to the crowd when they sang Healer. its shocking. i shared his story to my brother pa and made him buy the This is our God album(hehe)

but you're right. Let's just pray for him. Healer will always have its meaning in my heart because I believe, God is really our Healer. :)

thanks for sharing the news. :D Godbless.

MERiE said...

I was also saddened with this outbreak! Shocked actually... pero as what you said he needs no criticisms but prayers.

-Ben Soo- said...

Hey Jez! =) True indeed! =D

Jayson said...

Wow. He really needs prayer. :(
I've read more in Wikipedia and whoa I was really shocked and sad. Hooh Lord.

KZRemojo said...

Very shocking indeed.

A wise closing statement Jez,
& I couldn't agree more.
Michael could have lied, but "God isn't a man that he should lie, nor a son of man that He should change His Mind. . ."
(Numbers 23:19)

God bless you sis

pasto♛ej said...

planetshaker xa diba?

Aiman Amz said...

Pity to him. And pity to all addicts as well, regardless of their obsession.

I really salute him for his bravery to confess his addiction.

Well, addiction is an illness too.