Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Saturday, February 23, 2008

SJA's 1st JS Prom

St. John’s Academy had its first Juniors-Seniors Promenade last night at the K of C Hall. I was there to do emceeing with Tchr. Jacky, the HS English teacher.

Arrived there with mom, dad, and Vanj at around 6:30, but the program started at past 7pm. Everything seemed perfect when I entered the hall. I was like in a fairytale as the guard opened the glass door with his eyes so bright and smile so vivid. I was brazen out by the huge red letterings on the stage that read “St. John’s Academy – 1st JS Prom”. Above the big inscriptions were hanging long cloths in pink and lavender aligned with the dazzling large chandeliers. The chairs and tables wrapped in light blue and white looked even better with flowers on top of them.

On the right side, I saw flashes and smiling ladies handed with cute colorful pouches. They kept on carrying and showcasing their best smiles before the camera man. Ladies, after being photographed, were assisted by their prom partners who were very finesse on their black coat-and-ties. Everyone has partners. Every gentleman has someone clinging on his muscular arms.

I saw eyes on me as I stepped into the marble-made floor of the cold hall with my bronze A-cut dress, gold pouch, and golden strappy sandals.

Alright. Much of the feature writing :-P I’m not really good at it. Let’s just say, I have to leave that skill to Coreen.

Anyway, the program started-off with the entrance of colours and the presentation of SJA’s high school faculty members, together with mom and dad. Next was the alluring parade of the promenade-ers who walked by pairs. [Btw, a shoutout of sorry to John Carlo of the junior class for mispronouncing your name! The list given to me had “Juan Carlo” in it, instead of John Carlo. :-D]

Okay, I do not wish to get on the details. Basta it was really good. It wasn’t the typical high school prom. It was very meaningful, contrary to the dance-oriented promenades of most high schools. Tapos ang pretty pa ng emcee. :-D Jk.

I don’t really wish to add more to those I’ve already said (typed). Basta, I had fun. It was sooo fab! Yeah. Fabulous, really.

Photos are uploaded here (only my contacts can view them, though).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooow special mention ako. :P No, Jez, you did great kaya. You really took me to the place with all the distinct descriptions.

I love the outfit! :) Yihee, crush ng bayan. Haha.

Jez said...

to Coreen: Really? I did? Haha. Thanks much (oh, feel) :D