Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Sunday, February 17, 2008

First Youth Service

/edited/

Do you remember how much fun you had when you played a fave game or ate a fave food after months of not having access to it? Well, triple that joy and that’s what I have right now.
After the service last Sunday, we were told that we’ll be having a youth service beginning this week. Not really our first youth service, but our first youth service after a long period of stopped y.services (due to tight church sched).
Pastor Phil, our youth pastor, then called for a youth leaders’ meeting last Monday evening to plan for the YS. At the middle of the meeting’s first part, Ptr.P asked me, “Pwede bang yung overhead muna gamitin natin?”. Ayun pala, he will be telling afterwards than I will be leading.
Wow. After almost 6 month of focusing in the dance ministry as well as with multi-media, I am leading worship again :) Honestly, by heart seemed to be pumping out more blood than the usual after Ptr. P told me about it.
During our prayer after the first part (delegation of tasks), I had a really strange feeling of coldness and warmth coming along together. My tummy was like I don’t know, and I hardly can control the tears flowing from my eyes. I felt the Holy Spirit around me. It was, for me, a confirmation as well as anointing.

My line-up also confirmed the unity of our Spirits when Ptr.P sent me his suggested line-up last Wednesday (we usually ask them for suggested songs, but the final line-up has always been our prerogative) since I figured out that most songs he suggested were actually on my line-up! So anyway, the final line-up was:
  • Give Us Clean Hands
  • Come, Now is the Time
  • We Want to See
  • Open the Eyes of My Heart
  • I Stand in Awe of You
  • Awesome God
  • The Stand
  • Everyday (for acquaintance)

We had our first rehearsal last Thursday and our second yesterday (Saturday).

After the service this morning, the youth worship team together with the dance team (siyempre, moi ijas must be included. Haha) had lunch at KM160 (formerly Lapu-Lapu) restaurant. It was supposedly mom’s treat (she gave me the budget), but Ptr.P and Ptra. Cecille (not Ptra. Cecille as in the youth pastor for girls, but Ptr.P’s wife) actually paid for our lunch (thank you.. thank you.. ang babait ninyo.. thank you!).
We were about to go straight to church and just get fixed there for the youth service, but since we finished having lunch by 2PM, we’ve decided to just meet at 3.

The service started at 4:40 – 40 minutes late – because there has been a fuse problem, which Julius (Moo) and I were blissfully able to fix naman (yeah, technicians na kami).
I wasn’t really secured of a good voice flow at first because my throat seemed to be really dry. However, I was made secured remembering the conversation the Lord and I had during my quiet time last night (uhm, this early morning, actually). Instead of trying harder, I started to surrender and trust more. “Surrender yourself to the Lord, and wait patiently for him.” Psalms 37:7a
I must’ve done a terrible task if I relied on my own strength and capability. But then, I just let my spirit connect with the Spirit of God that He may deal with the young people through me, as the worship leader.
It was just great. Thank You, Lord. My trust is completely in You.

Holistically, the youth service was, I can say, very effective. It brought an impact on the lives of the young people, including me. Truly, as the old line goes, when we work, we work, but when we pray, God works! –All these were made possible because of the fervent prayers of the church leaders, youth pastors, youth leaders, and everyone who had a passion for it.

Way to go, JRC Youth! :)
See y’all next Sunday.

3 comments:

KZRemojo said...

Actually, we can relate to this, :-D, ang tagal din nung time interval between our latest yUtNITED nung Feb at ung nauna dun nung Nov, but this time it has been suggested dat we do it every week thru The Holy Spirit's leading, sayang kasi ung momentum, laging napuputol. Consistency is really the key.

Btw, i'm not used to seeing no pictures in your blog entries, hehe.

Jez said...

to zion:
Yes, we really need to be very consistent esp that we're in the youth ministry. Very mainipin ang mga young people. They need to be kept with things to expect and do :)

Sige.. ieedit ko na 'to. I;ll place photos na. Hehe

Rachael De Leon said...

Hi Jez, your blog is such a blessing to me and ngayon ko lang ito nakita, but gusto ko pa rin magcomment kahit matagal na to. Alam ko yung feeling ng sinabi mo na if we are only relying on our own strength napakaterrible ng amngyayari and it will lead to frustration, there had been so many times na nagawa ko yun sa aming youth service pero ngayon as 2010 started God is dealing me that I should conquer. And this start of summer naman dineal Niya naman ako about trusting totally and completely in Him, totoo talaga yun. God bless you more!

-Rachael