Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Theses, PDL, Candy :)

Whoa. I just had a blog leave for the longest time! (well, second to my MY & SG leave)
For my YM contacts, you guys know how that red busy icon beside my name appeared all the time I was on-line for these previous weeks.
So, why have I been uber busy?
- I have 3 mini-theses. One is about the socio-emotional and cognitive effects of blogging; second is regarding the career strains of workers under the middle-adulthood period; third is in relation to cock fights (sabong).
- We have a new gospel campaign on our church, Jesus Revival Church.
We had lots of preparations for it. We had less than 3 weeks of groundwork for the 40 days of Purpose Campaign. It is based on the well-known Purpose Driven Life campaign by Ptr. Rick Warren of Saddleback Church. PDL has been around and was already adopted by thousands of churches worldwide few years back, but then it has been a revelation to our senior pastor to implement it at JRC now. I’ll tell more about it on my next posts :)
- Wala naman. Busy lang talaga ako ;p

On a totally random thought, I have a story to tell.
This afternoon at school, while I was about to go home, I heard somebody at my back shout “Miss! Miss!” Of course I did not give a glance (call me only by my name; I ignore anonymous labels— I’m just being safe). After two or three failed attempts of getting my attention, I finally heard somebody from my back shout “Jez! Jezreel!”. I then stopped walking and looked at the girl. She excitedly asked, “Di ba nasa Candy mag ka?”. Thinking of the collage I made that was published on Candy magazine’s Nov ish, I answered back “Uh. Yah. November ish?”, “September. Ang ganda nga e.” she replied. Confused and all, I just smiled and thanked her, and then continued walking.
On my way home, I sms-ed mom and asked her to buy be Candy magazine’s September issue.

Hmm… what was with the September issue?
Tadaaaa!

Cotton Candy :p I was caught on Candy!

Whoo! Aside from the prize I would be getting, it's really cool to be on the magazine's 8th page.

I feel so ha-ha-happy! :D

5 comments:

Nanan said...

Ayun naman! Haha! Sikat! :-P

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being on Candy again!

meeema said...

uyy! iba ka na!

sa susunod you gonna write an article na, tapos on the cover! wow! haha.

Anonymous said...

JEZ!! :) I'm so happyyyy for you!! Wheeeeeeeeee. Yaaaaaaaay. Sikaaaaaaat ;)

Jez said...

Can't help myself from laughing really really hard while reading your comments :))
Hahaha! You girls... ;p

Well, it's just a minor Candy feature, hindi naman siguro ako sikat. Hahah. LOL.
pero thanks pa rin ♥

Love you, girls!