Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Thursday, September 20, 2007

7th Ψ Congress

Last semester, my research paper on Psych100, about the NEPG students of CLSU, was chosen as an entry for the Psychology Congress. With all blessings of the Lord, my paper won the 2nd place.

Moving on, I received an sms from Ma’am Hazel, my Psych100 teacher last semester, last Tuesday, asking me if I could host for the 7th Psychology Student Research Congress – along with Roger, a block mate.
Commercial: ma’am Hazel actually is my fave teacher in college.

I, of course, approved the request with much glee.
I got really thrilled for the event. I love hosting! I’ve hosted several programs (at MCMC) back when I was in high school and enjoyed all the events. Well, this time, it will be different – no scripts prepared by teacher Demi (my fave HS teacher), plus, it’ll be in an auditorium! I told myself that I can -and I shall- do it.

The affirming thing is the fact that I was thought of even though I’m not part of the Psychological Society (Ψ Soc—an org). Thank you, Lord. Actually, I had the idea that I would be quite disputed from such responsibilities since I have decided not to join the organization (for the reason that I wanted to focus on my church ministries). “I would make your name great”, says the Lord. That won’t mean I’ll have to be popular and all that, but that means I won’t be the tail but rather the head. Boasting is out of here. I just feel blessed to be given such a task :)

This afternoon, Roger and I lead the program well. I had fun – really. Kahit na sobra ang friction sa open forum. Sila kasi e.. LABO. Anyway, the cool part is that I was told that I spoke on the normal speed. Ha-ha. Yeah. Tease me for typically talking really fast lah :-P The only conflict was that I was too demented to have forgotten my digi cam. Ugh.

**Congratulations, BSIT3-1! "Hinog sa Pilit" was a timely research work.
For those who did not win, never forget that being chosen to present your research works for the Psych Congress is already a great, great, great self-esteem trophy :)

Okay, that was all I wanted to share.

Mag-psych ka na :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats jez, galing mo mg host..congrats din 4 the succesful 7th psychology research congress! hmmp. khit mgulo open forum ok na din! =)