Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Another lesson from Dad

I slept very late.
Well, to be honest, very early –-6 am.

^It was this bright before I slept. Boo.

I wasn’t aware of the time because I was doing SJA's advertisement (sorry, lil bro, for breaking your grad certificate--i need to scan the logo!), reading blogs, watching tv, eating, and later was reading my latest ish of Candy magazine and a psych book (which mom&dad bought me just the same day) in my room.
(check my under-eye circles :-/ )


Anyway, even though I needed to catch up some zzz’s, I still woke up at 12 noon to prepare for a meeting with the church dancers.
I then had my devotion, took lunch, bath, and went to the church with my younger sister, Vanj, at 2pm. During the meeting, we, the dancers, had very meaningful talks and discussions about several things that we need to enact to cure the past mistakes and prevent possible ministry hitches. Although the junior dancers (the new ones—they’re in the ministry for more than a year) weren’t that expressive, they were responsive as the senior dancers. I thank God for the courage and boldness He has given me. Hay. There really are some more needed improvements from the ministry and the people involved to bring more glory to God. And I think, I, the ministry’s leader, will never be exempt from those needs. ;)
Anyway, let’s get on family matters..
Just when we arrived home, my dad asked us (I and my sis Vanj) “Kumusta kayo?”. It’s a usual question that we heard, but this time, it was accompanied with an unusual twist (Oh no. not the twist I wished for).
Dad asked me why we kept on sleeping early in the morning. Who. I have been for almost 5 years now! Well, let me continue. He told me he actually wants to cut our DSL connection. (No way!) Why? Because according to him, there are a thousand reasons that the devil could somehow devour us while peeping on the net up late. He also told me that there are good uses of the net, but, a bigger percentage would be in-line with the not-so-good ones. With his philosophies and all, I tried to defend myself, telling him (in a nice way) that I won’t compromise my stand as a Christian and my dignity as JFSM. Well, we had a long conversation. At the end, I was feeling strange. Somehow, I was being negative to his words. Urgh. I was being fed-up with our discussions. I suddenly had thoughts like he don’t trust me, he doesn’t believe in me, he thinks I can take off my name and be a cheap net-girl one time, he thinks I cannot manage well, and the thoughts continues.. Even on our way to a family friend’s party, he kept on saying and expressing his warns. But then, one sentence struck me as he kept talking. He told us “Hindi niyo ako kalaban. Kakampi niyo ako.” I was moved and was brought to realization. He was right. He was just trying to protect us from possible traps of the devil. As one who belongs to a pastor’s family, I am most prominent to being planned for by the devil. The devil wants to break me..break us. But, I thank God for letting me be free of my dire thoughts while my dad was having discourses. In the end, I just recognized again how blessed I am to belong in my family (and that includes being a daughter of my dad). I am privileged. I have nothing to think against my dad. He is and would always be my rabii. Well, Jesus would be the first, but my dad’s one of those that God uses to keep me on the right track ALWAYS.
I’ve just found out another lesson. Wee. I’m growing!

I ♥ Dad!

1 comment:

KZRemojo said...

God has indeed blessed you, not just with a great family, but with an obedient and submissive heart.

God will reward you for your obedience.

God bless you always and your whole family.

Nothing less than God's BEST for you. =)