Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thy Word is a Lamp

Thy Word is a Lamp
Psalm 119:105 (KJV)
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.


         Though born as a pastor's kid, I personally received Christ back in 2002 during our church's first Encounter God Retreat or EGR (now simply called Encounter). After that life-changing weekend, I began trying out to read my Bible and fill the pages of my small devotional notebook. Honestly, it wasn't easy for me. I kept on being inconsistent with my devotions (my former cell leader could attest to this!).
         Conversely, though, as I continued my Christian walk, I eventually saw the significance of God's word-- it has become my faith's foundation and the center of my being. I began to become genuinely hungry and thirsty for God's Word, and I think that was when God started to really move in my life. Now I take God's word not just as vitamins that are supplementary, but as food and water that I basically NEED -- that, my friends, has sustained me and helped me go deeper into my relationship with God. Also, God's rhema word has helped me go through both major and minute decisions I has to make.
         A lot are amazed of what God has been doing in the youth ministry for the past one to two years. I couldn't take any credit for that. My part was only to allow God's word light my path, our paths [in the youth network]... for how could we ever have walked without God's light?
         God's Word has truly been my feet's lamp -- what I've become attests to this. I know it's still a long, exciting journey ahead.. gotta keep the lamp with me!
      
          God's word -- what is it to you?

----------------
Photo details:
My ClearlyU Bible and the night lamp my cell group gave me as their bday present on my desk
f/5, ISO 100, no flash

3 comments:

MERiE said...

Shing! First, can I post your photo on my Tumblr ?? :) I looove it!

Amen to what you blogged. There were days Ive been inconsistent too. And the times I missed reading, i feel incomplete. His Words are oxygen to my spirit. :)

Maria Magcauaus said...

God's word -- what is it to you?

God's word is a lamp to my dark roads. Through all those hard times that I've gone through, it's always the word of the Lord that tells me the right things to do. It's also my comfort, and yes -salvation, for if not for the word of God I wouldn't know of Jesus. ^___^v

Paola ♥ said...

Hey, Love your blog posts! :) Happy new year Jez, and God bless You more. :)