Jezreel Faith Manugue Jez Manugue JRC Jesus Revival Church G12 St. John's Academy CLSU

Monday, July 13, 2009

Best worship experience, anyone?

Do you have what you consider your 'best worship experience'?
----------
After Hillsong United’s worship concert [and I Heart CD promotion] here in the PH last year, the blogosphere was filled with posts that went like “it was my best worship experience” or “never praised like that before”. My heart rejoiced. HSU have been catalysts for breakthrough!
Anyway, while I agreed that it was indeed an unforgettable night, I do remember that in a casual talk with Ps.Phillip a few days after the concert, I mentioned that unlike most recent blogs on the WWW, I simply couldn’t say that it was the first time I worshiped God that way, nor it was the ultimate and best worship experience for me. Instantaneously, Ps.Phillip responded that he could say the same. “Mas matindi pa sa youth service”, he replied (not the exact words, though.hehe).
Having that outlook, I just praise God because (now in exact words I’ve put it last year—recorded sa diary ko ito, that’s why) “hindi na kailangan pang i-lead ako ng HSU para makapag-worship ng totoo at superb kay Lord”.
After all, worship is the abundance of a life, heart, spirit that connects to God, and not the abundance merely of a magnificent musical experience.

Up to this day, I delight in the Lord when I look back at that moment when I was able to realize that I have caught the heart of worship even at an early age. Yes, I do also have little times of obscurities that parallel to moments of back-face from worship and pleasing God, but He is faithful enough to always have His arms wide open. Thus, I live to this day still being thankful that worshipping God doesn’t necessarily require a dome, a great band or choir, but a heart and spirit that meets His heart whether I'm at school taking a quiz, at home sipping a cup of hot choco, at church leading worship, or in my room praying :)

3 comments:

MERiE said...

well said, shing! :)SO TRUE!
just like you, it doesn't have to be HSU, but the heart of worship. Bonus na lang if someone like HSU, C.Tomlin,SFlood, Delirious?, and others would worship lead... :)

pasto♛ej said...

way to go PK Jez! =)
and im glad worship goes beyond the singing and the music. pano nalang ang hindi marunong kumanta ng nasa tono tska di marunong tumugtog ng musical intrument? i myself have been in the quest of knowing what worship *really* is. thankfully, i wasn't deprived of some of its truths, and one is: [worship] is a lifestyle of obedience to Christ. no record of Jesus playing an instrument was written (or is there? ;), yet, He obeyed even to the point of "let-this-cup-pass-over-me-yet-not-my-will-but-yours-be-done" --the most excruciating and embarrassing death. love. in response to it, is worship.

like U, i love worship songs... (*Cry In My Heart, especially ;), they prompt me, remind me and drag me... and im so thankful they were created and are being birthed out to this day...

Lord, teach me more how to worship the way that brings joy to your heart. and Jez, hope to hear U sing...


hugz xx

KZRemojo said...

Exactly Jez, Exactly. I couldn't agree more. Nakaka-bless mabasa ang mga ganitong blog entry. God has blessed you with priceless wisdom and revelations. Thank you for sharing this blog entry to us, a reminder to all Christians.
Let's keep walking and moving forward along the highway of holiness, carrying with us a lifestyle of worship that makes this Loving Father of ours smile. :-) God bless you more Jez!!!